Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    02.05 One last puzzle before we depart!
    02.01 AC? What AC?
    01.26 Impending URL changes!
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...

Up We Go!
    Private Thread 
    @Fletcher Peverell
    here!

It had only been a little over a month since she and Mr. Peverell had come to their tentative agreement. To say she was still a little unsure of herself would be an understatement, but their conversation had put some of her worries to rest- at least for the time being. They were enjoying one another's company, that was all, though Eavan wondered (and worried just a little!) just how this would play out in the long run, she was specifically trying to enjoy the now.

And that meant Hippogriff rides!

Eavan did not have much experience personally with hippogriffs, though she supposed they could be considered birds, she tended to stick the the smaller varieties of avian magical creatures. Still, this was both exciting and educational! Though she knew it probably wasn't what a conventional lady would choose to do with her afternoon, but Eva was anything but conventional! Unfortunately for Mr. Peverell, he'd let her choose the activity, so here they were!

"It's going to be so exciting, I've only done it once before, but I was so young I hardly remember!" She was practically bubbling over with anticipate and skipping ahead like a child, eager to see the creatures.
    [Image: m2t8qO.png]
    [Image: 35i9d13.jpg] [Image: j98sw5.gif]
    Fletcher was pretty pleased with the turn out of his conversation with Miss MacKay just a month prior. It was rather pleasant to be able to attend events with someone without any crazy amount of pressure being force on them by their peers. It was definitely not a conventional way of courting but it was what worked best for them. Both busy with careers, it was nice to not have extra stress added onto their plates. And really, Fletch enjoyed the carefree-ness of it all.

He walked along with the magizoologist, grinning at her excitement and exuberance over their outing. He couldn't help but to chuckle lightly as she skipped along ahead of him. But while she was excited for it, Fletch was working hard to master his own nerves. Hippogriffs could be ornery creatures. That wasn't the part bothering him most though. His biggest concern was the flying. He'd never been the biggest fan of heights so it was sure to prove interesting.

"I have to admit I never have," he responded to her once he was standing next to her upon approaching the enclosure, "Though exciting will surely be one word for it I'm sure." He could think of a few others as well. Terrifying. Frightening. Deadly. He wouldn't actually voice such concerns though. He wasn't about to risk diminishing the excitement her saw in the woman, not when he liked seeing her smile and eyes lit up in such a way.
    Nolan is amazing!
    [Image: Asu3sFj.jpg]
    Eva came to an abrupt stop at the fence, hands landing hard on the top railing as she leaned in, just barely resisting the urge to hop up further and stand on the bottom railing. She really was a little childish when she got excited, but though she knew the Scamanders had raised hippogriffs she hadn't been able to see them for herself. She saw a few young ones running wild, playing with a small barrel, attempting to get their little bodies up in the air, but having little success.

"Oh look at the wee ones!" Now baby hippgriffs were not something Eva had ever been one to witness. She wondered just how she could coax one her way, it wasn't as if she carried mice around in her pocket! In her excitement, she missed Mr. Peverell's hesitation over the matter. She should have realized that not everyone would be quite so intrigued by the prospect of riding a hippogriff. Had she realized that he wouldn't have any enjoyment out of it, she would have been perfectly happy just to look. She would like to bend Mrs. Scamader's ear about the babies though, she would like to meet them.

Finally turning her attention back to Mr. Peverell, eyes full of wonder, she smiled brightly. "Look at how adorable they are!" They were not the traditional sense of cute, but with their fluffy down feathers and gangling legs, the could at least use that baby factor to their advantage.

@Emmeline Woodcroft
    Fletcher, honestly, was more focused on the woman in front of him instead of the baby hippogriffs. Watching her light up with the excitement was really quite enticing. He tried to ignore the fluttering he felt inside of himself but knew he'd well and truly fallen for the woman already. The little things only seemed to add to his feelings toward her.

When she told him to look, he snapped from his reverie and grinned at her before turning his blue eyes to the baby frolicking about in the little paddock. He couldn't help the easy and lopsided grin that crossed his features as one stumbled over its gangly little legs.

"They are quite adorable," he said with a nod as he rested his arms on the fence and stood next to her, "Do you think they're as temperamental as the full grown ones?
    Nolan is amazing!
    Subconsciously, Eva leaned into Fletch as he joined her at the fence. Just a casual brush of arms, but she was so focused on the little hippogriffs that she was hardly paying attention much else. "I should think not, look at them play, so sweet." She sighed wistfully, watching as they scampered around, playing and rough housing. "I would like to find out, but I'm not sure that the Scamanders would think that appropriate." Eavan had yet to make their acquaintance, though she planned to remedy that soon enough.

She watched them intently for a moment, a fond smile in her lips before she realized she was daydreaming. She turned the dreamy smile at Fletcher briefly before she remembered what they'd come to do. "Oh! We should probably get in line!" Honestly what was wrong with her? There were rides to be had and she would hate to miss out because she was lost in watching the babies! "Come on!" She reached for Mr. Peverell's hand to pull him along without a second thought.
    Fletch was barely aware of the slight brushing of arms though very much enjoyed the close proximity of the woman beside him. Ever since their discussion, it felt as though they were more at ease in one another's presence. He was glad for it. He nodded silently in response, smiling as one particularly rambunctious baby tackled a sibling near them.

He'd gotten lost in watching them that he stumbled some once Eavan pulled on his hand to drag him along to the line. He'd have much preferred to stay and watch the babies but he wasn't about to ruin the lady's fun and make her miss out on what she clearly wanted to do. Once in line with her, he turned his smile down to her. "Have you wanted to do this for long?" he asked, even though he was fairly certain he already knew the answer.
    Nolan is amazing!
    Eavan's pace only slowed once they approached the line, though she didn't think Fletcher had a hard time keeping up with her. She had such little legs and two of her steps were probably only like one of his. Just the thought of getting to fly was getting her all kinds of antsy and she just couldn't wait for her turn!

Grinning at his question, she swung to look at the hippogriffs again and realized she still had a grip on his hand. Letting go as casually as she could muster, which wasn't very much at all by now, Eavan tried not to make it obvious how much she'd enjoyed it. "Considering I cannot fly on a broom very well, this is clearly the next best thing! Aren't you excited?" It hadn't even occurred to Eva that she may be the only one excited by this, but honestly, who wouldn't be!
    Fletcher felt a distinct coldness once she had released his hand. He had to admit, he didn't much care for the change in their position. He had quite liked her grabbing his hand to lead him to the line though he supposed it wasn't exactly the thing to do.

His own attentions turned to the hippogriffs though the excitement that shown on her face didn't quite mirror on his. He was far from excited. Truly, he was terrified. There was reason he hadn't been a Quidditch player. Heights just didn't sit well with him.

"Y-yes," he said after a brief hesitation of her question.
    Nolan is amazing!
    Oh, Eavan knew that tone when she heard it.

"Are you scaaared?" She teased, bending around to look him in the eyes, not entirely unlike one child teasing another. Okay that wasn't nice, but she honestly didn't think he would be! It wasn't as if she would think any less of him if it wasn't for him. They didn't even have to go if he didn't want to! There would be another chance for her sometime down the line!
    Fletcher blushed. His face turned a pretty obvious shade of red at her teasing. He was well aware he was blushing which only made him blush more out of frustration. He wasn't mad at her teasing though. Simply embarrassed.

"I'm not a fan of heights," he answered quietly but only loud enough so she could hear. Hopefully saying he wasn't a fan helped him to maintain since dignity as opposed to saying he was afraid.
    Nolan is amazing!
    Eavan smiled sympathetically. She was not very graceful on a broom or on her own two feet for that matter, but she did enjoy the thrill of flying on the few occasions that she had managed to get up in the air. That didn't mean however, that she had any plans to force him up onto a hippogriff if he didn't want to!

Her expression softened at his embarrassment and she reached out to take his hand again. "Let's go find something to eat then." She really didn't need him fainting or something silly on her if they did manage to go up, plus it wasn't the only chance she'd ever get to ride a hippogriff. Not to mention the last time one of them coerced the other to do something they weren't fond of, they ended up soaking wet in the shallows of the lake, that needn't be repeated if they could avoid it.
    Fletcher gave her hand a gentle squeeze when she reached for his but gave a slight shake of his head. Though he appreciated the thought and her sympathy, he wasn't about to hold her back from something she wanted to do. Just because he didn't really want to fly didn't mean she couldn't go herself.

"Perhaps after you've flown," he said with a smile and a nod to the front of the line, where they were almost to. He eyed the beasts warily as they were much closer before looking back to her. "You can still go without me. I won't mind watching," he said then added quickly before she could protest, "I promise."
    Nolan is amazing!
    Eavan looked at the hippogriffs and back at Fletcher, undecided about what to do. While it would be fun (for her anyway), the whole purpose was to get to spend time together, it would be silly to just leave him on the ground for however long it took!

With a wicked grin, Eavan decided on her best course of action and yanked him out of the long line. "Oh dear, we've gotten out of line, guess we'll have to go do something different." She batted her eyelashes at him. "It would be so terribly rude to try and hop back in." She lamented, still grinning. "Another time then." And she started to tug him back toward the other festivities.
    Fletcher's smile pulled more at one corner when she suddenly pulled him from line. He should have expected her to do something of the sort. But rather than be upset by it, he was grateful. It was refreshing to know someone cared enough about how he felt about something to sacrifice their own want. Miss MacKay definitely kept him on his toes.

"Where shall we start then?" he asked as he followed along with her, happily allowing her to tug him along.
    Nolan is amazing!
    "Weeellll," She elongated the word for dramatic effect, delighted he didn't put up a fuss about it, Eavan tugged him along again, back toward where they'd come from. "I could try and squeeze through the fence to play with the babies," Not entirely unlike her, but probably unwelcome.

"Or we could probably do something a little less frowned-upon and find something to eat, the possibilities are endless!" It would sound horribly cheesy and she would never admit it out loud, but as long as they spend the afternoon together, she didn't quite care what they ended up doing; this whole thing was making her sappy, who would have thought!

Needless to say, Eva kept her hand in his as she tugged him along, determined to find something to do that they would both enjoy.